Aerospike Database server 6.3 gates the following server features with a feature key: XDR, index in Flash (All Flash), Vault integration, and Rack Awareness.
- New feature-key files with these explicit entitlements have been reissued to existing customers through their portal.
- If you are a current Enterprise Edition customer, check that your feature key file has these feature keys before you upgrade to server 6.3 or later.
- The new feature key files are compatible with server versions 5.4 and later that use feature-key version 2.
|Flash index (Flash sindex)||Ability to configure |
|XDR||Distinct from the |
|Vault integration||Ability to fetch configuration from |
|Rack Awareness||Ability to deploy rack-aware clusters|
Important pre-upgrade considerations
Always review the special upgrade instructions of the interim server releases between the current version of your cluster and the target version.
- Before you upgrade from server 4.9 or 5.x, follow the instructions in Storage Format Upgrade in 6.0 Release.
- Back up
/opt/aerospike/smd/security.smdin your system metadata (SMD) Directory Structure and
aerospike.conf, the Aerospike configuration file.
- Find and fix any secondary index (sindex) names that are longer than 64 characters. See Upgrade to Server 6.1.
Changes and updates
For information about new features, breaking changes, and late breaking news, see the 6.3 server release notes.